Monday, November 22, 2010

In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn...

"How are you this morning?"
"Ahhhh two-day week! Just gettin through it!"

That has been my response today...but it's not very indicative of how I'm feeling. I'm so thankful this week. Not just for three days off, but for everything I've learned on my days on. Yes, cue the cheese. I had my seventh graders start class by writing down what they're thankful for, and I started scrawling on my page and by the end it wasn't very legible, but the blessings kept coming and even though my Juniors were the typical Monday-rowdy and someone used the word "fag" and I ended up a little irked, I'm thankful for every student here. They make history for 9.5 hours a day.

Things I'm thankful for:
The opportunity to teach my own classes
The relationships I'm building at school
My new-found organization skills (still a work in progress)
My house and two wonderful housemates
My neighbors who will pick me up from the store when I've bought too much to fit on my handlebars
A city full of very. different. friends.
My family
Triptophan
TriptoPalestine



Here's the latest post from the NOLAPS blog...


Pictures from the Nov 7 Protest