Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Birthday Song

When you get older, dear Israel,
Just another year from now,
Will you still be colonizing Palestine?
Building "fences" over the line?

Who'll be the warhawk banging the drum,
Bibi or Avigdor?
Will you still need me, will you recede me,
When you're 64?

oh oh oh oh oh oh
I'll be older too..
And if you show me peace
I could co-exist with you.

But I'm just the terrorist lightin' the fuse
When all our lights are gone.
Have to do my homework by the fireside,
Won't you teach me how to divide?

When you're done cleansing the Jordan Valley,
Will you ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still bleed me,
When you're 64?

Every May you throw a party celebrating victory,
at who's expense?
Stateless refugees!
Grandchildren on their knees,
Still victims of your defense!

Send you a lawsuit, throw you a stone,
Whatever makes it through
I'll indicate precisely what I mean to say,
Yours sincerely, Wasting Away

Answer my question, take me your leave,
Occupation no more!
Will you still need me, oh won't you cede me,
Insh'allah before,
You...turn...six...ty...four....