Thursday, October 18, 2012

Breathless

My last month in Palestine was probably the most important month to post about. But I didn't want to show how unorganized I was. I didn't want to look vulnerable.

I got some updates from Whitman classmates today. It seems like everyone is in grad school, or TA'ing, or passing the bar. That wasn't what made me bike to Stanford today...right? I spent some time perched at Peet's Coffee trying to absorb some motivation from people around me. I stayed there for a good six hours, and I was one of the last to leave.

I just don't know what I'm waiting for. I feel like I'm treading water.

I got lost on the way into Stanford, and on my way out, bu it was nice to get some exercise, and some California night air. It was also strange leaving campus and remembering that Souli was invited to speak at a conference here. His last visa never came through, seemingly after they found out he'd been in prison. But wallahi, Stanford.

They don't get it, do they? Or they don't care? I mean, hell, everyone's trying to get in to this country. There's just no indication that either of our likely leaders knows the first thing about making peace. You want peace with the Palestinians? Then let them in to tell Americans about their peace work! p.s. half of them have been to prison....

And yet, what year was Nelson Mandela taken off the U.S. terrorist list? Answer below....

This was in my head as I was biking today....I remember listening to it while on safari in Kenya, in my Disc-Man CD player. I also listened to Jessica Simpson.

so...just be patient with children. they'll get it eventually.


(answer: 2008)