Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Last night I stayed in Tayasir with Abu and Umm Sadiq. Abu Sadiq is Haj Sami's brother. They fed me and let me use their wireless and lent me silk pajamas. I don't think I've ever owned silk pajamas! Feels like buttah.

There were a lot of namoos (mosquito), which was annoying, but in the middle of the night, Roya (three years old, cutest kid ever) jumped into bed with me and started to snuggle. I was like, "awwwwww, hi!" But then she started whimpering and I think she was sleep-snuggling her way out of a nightmare so her mom woke up and took her away. :/

I woke up at 9:30, planning to walk up to Al Aqaba on time for the boys' class, but I realized it was rude to leave before the host serves you breakfast. So Umm Sadiq had me sit down while she prepared breakfast with Roya's mother "bsura, bsura!" quickly, quickly! We ate bread with eggs, avocado, and hummus. And I was called out, for the second time (Adeeb did it first) for eating with my left hand. "This food," said Umm Sadiq, "from God. Only the right hand."

Then Abu Sadiq drove me up to the village, to the boy's class.