Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kaifek inta?

I heard this song at the apartment in Luban Sharqia, while I was hanging out with the Daragmeh sisters, and I asked them what it was called. They said, "Kaifek inta," "How are you?"

It's about a woman who meets a man she hasn't seen in a long time, and now he has children. You can guess how that goes. I was drawn to the style of the song...it sounds like a lot of 70's songs I know :)

Anyways, I love it. And I love that I love it, because so many Arabic songs still sound the same to me and when I hear one that sticks out I feel like I'm making progress.



Lyrics:

Do you remember the last time I saw you that year?
Do you remember the last word you said?
And I haven't seen you since
and now I see you,
How are you, only you?

Do you remember the last night you spent at our place?
Do you remember there was someone bothering you?
That was my mother
Who takes care of me
From you, only you!

How are you?
I hear them saying
You have children now,
I swear I thought you were
Out of the country
Forget the country,
God bless the children!
It crosses my mind that
We could be together again
Me and you, only you!
It crosses my mind
You and I together again
Me and you, only you!

Do you remember what you told me that last time?
"If you want, you can stay, and if you want, you can leave?"
I got upset then,
I didn't realize
That it was you, only you
You come back to me from above,
In spite of the kids and what people say,
You are still the prime,
And I love you since the beginning,
I love you, only you
In spite of the kids and what people say,
You are still the prime!
And I love you, only you
I love you.