Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bubble Toes

Song of the day: Bubble Toes.

 

This was playing on the radio as I drove home tonight. It was 2 in the morning, but it still counts as "yesterday" because I haven't gone to sleep yet.

At one point in time this was my older brother's favorite song. I never really got into it, because it's kind of about feet.

But! I officially fell in love with the song a few weeks ago, when I was chaperoning a class trip to Chicago (the kids were from the school I worked at in New Orleans last year) and me and my five girls were running amuck in the Shedd Aquarium. When we went up to the bouncer at the Jellyfish exhibit, we were informed that our passes didn't qualify us for the Jellies section. But our bouncer was sooo nice that he let us in anyway. So we were the only six that got to see the Jellyfish.

I was eatin lunch at the DLG
When this little girl came and she sat next to me
Never seen nobody move the way she did
Well she did, and she does, and she'll do it again
When you move like a jellyfish, rhythm don't mean nothin
You go with the flow, you don't stop
Move like a jellyfish
Rhythm is nothin
You go with the flow, you don't stop
Mmmmmmmmmmm






























So I had Bubble Toes stuck in my head for the rest of the trip. I managed to drown out the Nick Manaj sing-a-longs with "Lat dat da dat dat da...."


The full trip album is here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.587370158812.2058336.48101389&type=3&l=351d1e027f