Monday, July 9, 2012

Trapeze Swinger

Song of Saturday:



My cousin and I sang it at a family dinner in Bellingham, at our other cousin's request. It's one of his favorite songs. I think it's one of the most heartbreaking songs ever, but Iron and Wine are just great at singing about loss. In a tragically optimistic way.

I heard from someone you're still pretty
And then they went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some elequent grafitti like
We'll meet again
and Fuck the man
and Tell my mother not to worry,

So please, remember me.

For the rest of the night us cousins recorded songs by Bonnie Raitt and Bon Iver on a love sac in their living room. We didn't know we were being recorded until my cousin revealed that Garage Band was up and running. Then we were like, oooooh no you didn't! Then we were glad it was a secret because we get stage fright.

Chloe and I are going to record more next weekend, when we're all back in Plain, where our families have cabins and my brother is keeping his recording studio....